The Office for Ethnic and Intercultural Communities is committed to the inclusion and fuller participation of all God’s people in the life and ministry of the Church by building up their Catholic identity in a spirit of unity in diversity.
The Office, in collaboration with Diocesan Pastoral Ministries and Agencies, provides resources and services that:
- Promotes on-going dialogue, cultural awareness and understanding of the Ethnic Catholic communities within the Diocese;
- Encourages parish and diocesan connections with those groups that do not have a parish representative body;
- Empowers ethnic leaders to build up faith communities in the Church;
- Builds coalition among ethnic groups by encouraging leadership in the pursuit for spiritual growth.
Celebrating Diversity (Prayer)
Almighty God, through your Holy Spirit you created unity in the midst of diversity;
We acknowledge that human diversity is an expression of your manifold love for your creation;
We confess that in our brokenness as human beings we turn diversity into a source of alienation, injustice, oppression, and wounding.
Empower us to recognize and celebrate differences as your great gift to the human family.
Enable us to be the architects of understanding, of respect and love;
Through the Lord, the ground of all unity, we pray.
– Author Unknown (Source jesuitresource.org)
Visiting Priests Protocol
In the Diocese of San Diego, ALL clergy from outside of the diocese who will be engaging in ministry within the Diocese, must submit a Testimonial of Suitability prior to their visit. These documents must be dated within three (3) months of event(s).
In addition, parish and diocesan groups should have the Ministry Event Details approved by their pastor and the Vicar for Clergy prior to extending invitations to clergy and religious.
Policies and forms: Here
For more information contact the Vicar for Clergy (858) 490-8200