Position Title: Catholic Elementary School Principal
Hours: Full time
Supervised by: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Mater Dei Juan Diego Academy (MDJDA), in coordination with the Diocese of San Diego, is seeking a qualified and experienced educational leader. A qualified candidate is someone who is deeply committed to further the development of the faith and academic excellence of the school. MDJDA is a single classroom Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through third grade school located in Chula Vista, California. The position is effective July 1, 2017. Presently, MDJDA has the following enrollment: TK – 3rd = 148 students. Each year MDJDA will add one grade until it is a TK through eighth grade school. For more information about the school, please visit www.jdacv.org.
Mater Dei Juan Diego Academy is excited to be the first Catholic School in San Diego to offer a 50/50 dual language Spanish/English immersion curriculum rooted in the S.T.R.E.A.M. education model (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts, and Math). The goal of this model is to educate the child as a whole while incorporating spirituality and fostering faith. MDJDA is located on a 48-acre campus along with Mater Dei Catholic High School.
Primary Responsibilities: The Principal will report to the President and have immediate responsibility for implementing the philosophy and vision of the school in its regular operation. The Principal has the responsibility to:
1) Administer the total school program of spiritual, emotional and academic growth through:
- Meeting the dual immersion goals of academic achievement, bilingualism, biliteracy and biculturalism for all students.
- Catholic values
- Individual student success
2) Supervise and evaluate:
- Professional personnel
- Auxiliary support staff
3) Supervise curriculum development, instructional planning, and evaluate learning.
4) Monitor the scope and sequence of dual language curriculum.
5) Coordinate the administration of co-curricular activities.
6) Monitor the financial operations of the school in conjunction with the CFO and President.
7) Serve on the school Advisory Board.
The Principal shall be:
1) A leader/facilitator of the school faith community and a practicing Roman Catholic.
2) Have a minimum of five years of experience working in a dual language school.
3) Have a minimum of five years of successful administrative experience.
4) Have a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration and/or California Administrative Credential.
5) Demonstrate leadership ability in past or present educational experiences.
6) Must be Bilingual. (English/Spanish)
Salary: $95,000 - $105,000 based upon experience, education and qualifications.
Please send current résumé with cover letter to:
Zury G. Guptill
Mater Dei Catholic High School
All acceptable candidates will be interviewed by MDJDA Interview Committee.
The position has not been approved for relocation assistance or travel expense reimbursement.
Deadline for Résumé /Letter of Interest:
Friday, March 31, 2017 or until the position is filled.